Brie Pasta

 Here's the recipe.

We doctored this recipe a bit. I subbed chicken sausage for bacon partially because it's a slightly healthier protein, but also because we've included bacon in the past few recipes and I'm tired of making it. I set off the smoke detector EVERY time. And I'm not burning the bacon, our smoke detector is just an asshole. I make it in the oven, I find it easier to get an even cook on it, and I don't like it too crispy...the first time there was smoke, because a piece of bacon was slightly over the edge of the baking sheet, dripped into the oven, and obviously the oil smoked. After that, I cleaned the oven (on my hands and knees scrubbing with oven cleaner for multiple hours cleaned). I've made bacon a couple more times since then, no drips, no visible smoke, and STILL the smoke alarm goes off. Not only does the alarm go off, but it sets off our toddler and two babies screaming, and the cats bolt away in all directions...it's chaos. Anyway, chicken sausage. I added peas, as well, so there was a veggie in here making it a more "complete" meal. It was easy enough. Timing is important, my brie was baked before my pasta and accoutrements were ready, so I had to keep it in the oven so it didn't cool and harden. I probably should have put it in a little later. The pasta took a little longer to assemble since I added stuff (had to cook the peas and brown the sausage). If you're just doing the recipe, all you have to do is chop parsley and garlic (or use jarred garlic as my lazy ass does), so it would be faster.

It turned out pretty tasty, though the brie didn't spread as well as I'd like. It kind of just separated into pieces around the pasta, not as a creamy sauce. It still tasted good, but it was like pasta in olive oil with pieces of brie, rather than pasta in a brie sauce. Husband really liked it, and thought the sausage in particular was a good addition. Toddler actually ate some, which means, on her scale of 1 (this is awful and you're trying to kill me) or (not to, it's either or) 10 (this is acceptable), it got a ten.

I guess this was longer than normal...mainly because I wanted to complain about the fire alarm.

Finished product (without and with parmesan topping)




Comments