White Cheddar and Bacon Risotto

 Here is the recipe.

This one is pretty tasty. The preparation is easy (you have to chop some onion, green onion, but that's it). Cooking takes a bit of time, since you have to cook the bacon first, then the risotto, which gets cooked in stages (e.g. you add broth, let it absorb, add more broth, let it absorb, etc.) Easy enough, but a little more time consuming than I'd like, as you can't just add it and walk away, you have to keep stirring. I also added more bacon, and used a frozen pea/carrot mix instead of just peas, because that's what we had in the freezer.

Husband was a big fan of this one, enough so that he asked to include it in our "common cooking" repertoire. Toddler was not a fan. She ate the pieces of bacon and cheese I kept separated for her, but spat out the risotto (though she put it in her mouth, which is more than some dishes!)

Here is the finished product:



Comments