Attempt at a Strawberry Fruit Rollup

 Here's the recipe.

Here's the finished product:


This one didn't work quite well. My best guess at the problem is I spread it on the baking sheet too thick and unevenly. It got a little crunchy on the end, and in the middle (on the bottom) it was still gooey.

Took a while to hull the strawberries, and it bakes forever, but otherwise is easy if you can get the texture right. I'll try to feed it to baby, see if she'll eat it. It might be too chewy (especially on the ends that are tougher).


Hulled Strawberries and Honey

Blended

Spread to go into oven. I think this is where it went awry, but I tried to get it even and covered the whole mat, so maybe if I make less, and spread it thinner it'd work better?


Out of oven, and peeled off onto a cutting board, you can see the gooey center a bit

Finished roll. It looks ok, but you can see it's sunken in the center (where it's gooey) and it is crunchy on the end, which I didn't get in the picture.

Comments