Crispy Tortellini with Peas and Prosciutto

Here's the recipe.

Here's the finished product:

So this is a super easy one, you basically cook everything from frozen. It's from Smitten Kitchen, which rarely steers you wrong.

We had extra peas, so I used them all. To compensate, I added a little more water, but I think I added too much. The tortellini are supposed to be a bit browned and crispy, but they didn't get that way since all the water didn't boil off.

Otherwise, it was tasty. Nothing too groundbreaking, but I can't complain too much because it took less than 30 minutes to cook (for real, not like those recipes that say they're 30 minute recipes but actually take an hour).

Husband also liked it. He seemed blase about it at night, but then was sad the next day when there weren't more leftovers. Baby didn't like it at all. We got her to taste a little, but she wanted nothing to do with it. Oh well!

frying prosciutto

frying the tortellini

adding peas and water, then steaming


adding and mixing in mascarpone

adding parmesan


finished product



Comments