Pizza Frittata

Here is the recipe.
(sorry, this one is particularly annoying, it's scattered throughout the blog, between text and pictures 😒, not only is there no "print" feature, it's also not easily copy/paste-able...made me particularly irate, but it's the one I used)

Here is the finished product:

We modified this one a bit for preference reasons. We doubled the recipe, as we have been. The recipe called for mushrooms, which I will not eat. Since I was removing one veggie, I kept the peppers in, even though, as I've said, they're not my favorite. I also kept the onion. We decided we wanted a bit more veggie in it, so we added spinach to the frittata part (we added more eggs, as well, since there were way more veggies this way than if we had just used mushrooms). I also added some oregano and basil to the egg mixture. We changed mozzarella to cheddar, as I've mentioned, we're big fans of Old Croc cheddar (Old Croc, give me free stuff!). Finally, we added pepperoni, because it's a pizza.

Anyway, all our modifications turned out fine, so I figure it's pretty modifiable for anyone. This is the first time we've used the broiler feature on our oven, so that was the hardest part. The first time in, half of it was well done (somewhat burn-y) and the other side was still raw. I turned the pan around to try and finish cooking the other side, but then the top ended up burned. It looked edible still, but since we were putting stuff on top of it anyway, I peeled off the burned part, since I didn't really want the burned bits. It worked. We melted the cheese under the broiler too, which worked better than heating it on a burner like the recipe says. It was super oily on the top, so I took a paper towel to it. It worked, it soaked up the oil and didn't take off the cheese. I'm not sure if this would be different with different types of cheese...probably, does mozzarella shed that much oil? I don't think it does.

Anyway, husband really liked it, as did baby, so overall a success. Again, not my favorite because of the peppers. Next time, I may omit the peppers in favor of something else. Maybe onion and double the spinach? I couldn't think of another vegetable that was good on pizza to sub in for the peppers, I'm a picky s.o.b.

chopped veggies

sauteing peppers, onions, and garlic

adding spinach

finished veggies

egg and milk mixture (I added the oregano and basil to this after the picture but before adding it to the veggies)

adding the eggs to the veggies

first time out of the oven, you see the further end burned, and the closer end raw

second time out--very well done

after removing the burned bits

adding the sauce...we just bought pizza sauce because I'm lazy, but it isn't too complicated to make if you want to

adding the cheese

adding the pepperoni

nice and greasy out of the oven

grease removed

slice removed, the extra veggies made it a bit liquidy, so I don't think it held together as well as it could have, but it was still tasty

Comments