Here's the recipe.
Here's the remoulade sauce recipe.
Here's what I put in the corn salad, which I made up based off a different corn salad I made:
(base)
2 bags frozen corn
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/2 red onion
1 cup feta cheese
(dressing, kind of just threw amounts in there)
red wine vinegar
olive oil
honey
lime juice
paprika
Here's the finished product:
I've done a crab cake post before, but it was a while ago, long enough ago that I forgot about it, so I figured I'd go again, and include the remoulade sauce recipe, as well as the side of corn salad I made. Plus, pictures on my new phone are nicer!
Everything turned out well. I think I messed up a bit, butter was listed on the recipe as optional, so I added it to the mix, and realized later it was for brushing pre-baking. The butter may have made them less adhesive, so they did ok, but not great, at holding together in cake form. I omitted the Worcestershire sauce because it's gross (and saw I did the same thing last time because my tastes for it haven't changed). The recipe overall is easy enough, but you have to factor in time to refrigerate the crab mixture (at least 30 min, max 1 day) which is probably the longest part of the process. You just mix, refrigerate, and bake. The remoulade sauce also does better if made ahead and give it time for the flavors to blend (though I didn't, and it still tasted good). I also added capers to the sauce, because capers are awesome.
Husband enjoyed it all, and made particular compliments about the corn salad. He also had seconds of crab cakes, so I think he liked those too. We'll give some to the baby tomorrow. She's had crab before, so it's unlikely, but in case she's developed a crab allergy we like to give danger-foods to her during the day, in case a reaction develops. It's not spicy, so I think she'll like it.
Here's the remoulade sauce recipe.
Here's what I put in the corn salad, which I made up based off a different corn salad I made:
(base)
2 bags frozen corn
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/2 red onion
1 cup feta cheese
(dressing, kind of just threw amounts in there)
red wine vinegar
olive oil
honey
lime juice
paprika
Here's the finished product:
I've done a crab cake post before, but it was a while ago, long enough ago that I forgot about it, so I figured I'd go again, and include the remoulade sauce recipe, as well as the side of corn salad I made. Plus, pictures on my new phone are nicer!
Everything turned out well. I think I messed up a bit, butter was listed on the recipe as optional, so I added it to the mix, and realized later it was for brushing pre-baking. The butter may have made them less adhesive, so they did ok, but not great, at holding together in cake form. I omitted the Worcestershire sauce because it's gross (and saw I did the same thing last time because my tastes for it haven't changed). The recipe overall is easy enough, but you have to factor in time to refrigerate the crab mixture (at least 30 min, max 1 day) which is probably the longest part of the process. You just mix, refrigerate, and bake. The remoulade sauce also does better if made ahead and give it time for the flavors to blend (though I didn't, and it still tasted good). I also added capers to the sauce, because capers are awesome.
Husband enjoyed it all, and made particular compliments about the corn salad. He also had seconds of crab cakes, so I think he liked those too. We'll give some to the baby tomorrow. She's had crab before, so it's unlikely, but in case she's developed a crab allergy we like to give danger-foods to her during the day, in case a reaction develops. It's not spicy, so I think she'll like it.
Mixing up the crab cakes
crab cakes before going in the oven, I sprinkled a little extra old bay on top
crab cakes out of oven, you can see the bottom right cake in the top picture kind of came apart, but they generally worked ok
mixing up the remoulade sauce
corn salad
served crab cake and served salad















Comments
Post a Comment