One Pot Kale Broccoli Chickpea Orecchiette Pasta

Here is the recipe.

Here is the finished product:

We're looking into more vegetarian dishes, meat has gotten pretty pricey, especially chicken. This one wasn't too hard. As usual, most of the work went into the chopping, and I think the most annoying part was chopping the tomatoes. This dish is on the healthier side, I found it kind of boring, but it wasn't too bad. Husband and baby loved it.

We doubled the recipe as we have been. I added more parmesan cheese than the recipe called for, basically to use what we had rather than leave some leftovers. It was about two cups, rather than one. I also omitted the red pepper flakes so I didn't make it too spicy for baby. We also used shells since the store didn't have orecciette. Otherwise, the recipe was as-is.

I know, exciting, right? As a more exciting endeavor, I was going to try and make vegan meringues with the leftover chickpea juice, but husband mistook the measuring cup with the juice for dishes and got rid of it before I could stop him. Guess I just have to make another recipe with chickpeas...any suggestions?

Chopped and prepped veggies

Sauteing garlic and shallots

adding spices, milk, and broth (used chicken broth instead of veggie broth because that's what we had)


adding and simmering broccoli and pasta

adding tomatoes and chickpeas

adding and wilting the spinach

Finished cooked pasta and vegetables


finished dish and served bowl

Comments