Here is the recipe.
Here is the finished product:
I've been putting off cooking, so I'm glad the ingredients held up. I mean, ramen will last forever, but the bell peppers and the scallions held up for 4-5 days, which sometimes isn't the case.
Anyway, this is an easy one. I don't particularly like cooking chicken, but do find it easier to cook when it's sliced up. There's minimal chopping: onions, scallions, peppers. You cook up the chicken, then once it's done, you put everything else in to steam cook, then add chicken and sauce.
It's a pretty salty meal (with the ramen+seasoning and the soy sauce), but generally pretty healthy. Nothing super fatty. I didn't overdo it with the cashews this time, at least. I did put in more than the recipe called for, though. I also added more sesame oil to the sauce than the recipe called for. And more garlic. Always more garlic. I overcooked the ramen a bit, it can happen pretty quickly, so I'd keep a sharp eye on it.
Husband liked it, I don't think he licked the pan this time, but rated it up there with our other Asian recipes. He liked the Korean Beef (turkey) and the Cashew Chicken Stir Fry (with the peanut butter sauce) better, I think. This one has a bit of a different taste to it though, so sometimes it's like comparing apples to oranges. You can like both, but sometimes want one more than the other. Baby really liked it, she may have had a choking incident while trying to shove the entire portion in her mouth at once. She was fine.
Here is the finished product:
I've been putting off cooking, so I'm glad the ingredients held up. I mean, ramen will last forever, but the bell peppers and the scallions held up for 4-5 days, which sometimes isn't the case.
Anyway, this is an easy one. I don't particularly like cooking chicken, but do find it easier to cook when it's sliced up. There's minimal chopping: onions, scallions, peppers. You cook up the chicken, then once it's done, you put everything else in to steam cook, then add chicken and sauce.
It's a pretty salty meal (with the ramen+seasoning and the soy sauce), but generally pretty healthy. Nothing super fatty. I didn't overdo it with the cashews this time, at least. I did put in more than the recipe called for, though. I also added more sesame oil to the sauce than the recipe called for. And more garlic. Always more garlic. I overcooked the ramen a bit, it can happen pretty quickly, so I'd keep a sharp eye on it.
Husband liked it, I don't think he licked the pan this time, but rated it up there with our other Asian recipes. He liked the Korean Beef (turkey) and the Cashew Chicken Stir Fry (with the peanut butter sauce) better, I think. This one has a bit of a different taste to it though, so sometimes it's like comparing apples to oranges. You can like both, but sometimes want one more than the other. Baby really liked it, she may have had a choking incident while trying to shove the entire portion in her mouth at once. She was fine.
Prepped ingredients
Cooking the chicken
Putting in the ramen
Adding the vegetables
Add water, steam the noodles and veggies
mixing up the sauce
Mixed veggies and ramen
Add sauce and chicken, mix up, top with green onions!
Served bowl












Comments
Post a Comment