Here's the recipe (didn't get this one from the internet!):
4 stalks celery, chopped
4 cans tuna, drained
5 tbsp mayo
3 tbsp dill vinegar
1.5 tsp dried dill
.5 tsp ground pepper
Uh...just mix it all together.
Here's the bread recipe.
Here's the finished product:
This will be brief, more or less. I mentioned my mother's tuna before, I decided to measure quantities this time, so I'm putting it down here. Since my mother was the one who historically made this, I figured it should bear her name. With the new meme's out there, I think "Karen's" tuna might have other connotations, and I don't even use white albacore (hahaha).
Anyway, I like mine low on mayo, and high on vinegar, so keep that in mind if reproducing. You may want a little bit more mayo, a little bit less vinegar. Husband and baby liked this batch, but I've gotten them used to high vinegar cooking. You could use any kind of tuna if you prefer albacore, but I've always made it with chunk lite, and prefer it this way.
I also made the sandwich with husband's homemade sandwich bread, so I included that recipe too. He thinks the bread is a bit too dense, and is working to correct that. I thought it was tasty.
4 stalks celery, chopped
4 cans tuna, drained
5 tbsp mayo
3 tbsp dill vinegar
1.5 tsp dried dill
.5 tsp ground pepper
Uh...just mix it all together.
Here's the bread recipe.
Here's the finished product:
This will be brief, more or less. I mentioned my mother's tuna before, I decided to measure quantities this time, so I'm putting it down here. Since my mother was the one who historically made this, I figured it should bear her name. With the new meme's out there, I think "Karen's" tuna might have other connotations, and I don't even use white albacore (hahaha).
Anyway, I like mine low on mayo, and high on vinegar, so keep that in mind if reproducing. You may want a little bit more mayo, a little bit less vinegar. Husband and baby liked this batch, but I've gotten them used to high vinegar cooking. You could use any kind of tuna if you prefer albacore, but I've always made it with chunk lite, and prefer it this way.
I also made the sandwich with husband's homemade sandwich bread, so I included that recipe too. He thinks the bread is a bit too dense, and is working to correct that. I thought it was tasty.
chopped up celery
draining the tuna
the cats' favorite part of tuna-making...the leftover tuna water
adding the tuna
grinding in the peppercorns, I use rainbow peppercorns. Also, since I ground it, I had to estimate it at .5 teaspoons, but I took a picture of how much I put in there for your reference
finished tuna
making the sandwich with husband's bread












Comments
Post a Comment