Fajita-Stuffed Chicken and Spicy Mexican Street Corn Salad

Here are the recipes I used:

Fajita-Stuffed Chicken

Spicy Mexican Street Corn Salad

Easy Lime Vinaigrette

Here is the finished product:


This one was very time consuming, but I wanted to do something other than "one pot blablabla" for a change. It started with the fajita chicken recipe, and since it was Mexican-ish, I wanted to stay thematic for veggie side. I did some googling for Mexican Street Corn recipes, but without corn on the cob, decided to go with a street corn style salad.

I made a few modifications for personal tastes. I added some taco sauce to the fajita chicken stuffing for a little flavor in addition to just cheeses and peppers (I also am not a huge pepper fan, so a little extra flavor was desired). I also used only cheddar, because it is by far the superior cheese. The corn salad called for a mayo-lime combo for a dressing. I am not a big fan of mayo, so I looked up a lime vinaigrette instead. I omitted the jalapenos, because I plan to give some to baby. I also hate cilantro. Really hate it. But it kind of plays an important role in the salad, so I substituted parsley for it, instead of just omitting it.

As is always the case when I try these types of recipes, the chicken exploded into stuffing everywhere. I more or less expected it. The recipe made an obscene amount of stuffing, so I kind of piled it around the chicken with the rest of the exploding mess. The corn salad was easy enough to make.

Chopping took FOREVER. So, besides the forever chopping and the explode-y chicken, it all worked out. In the end, it was really tasty! Husband liked it, the chicken particularly. Again, he licked the pan clean. He liked the corn salad too, but REALLY liked the chicken.

Limey bastards


Making the lime vinaigrette. Juicing limes took a lot of effort. It was a little heavy on the lime, so I added some more mustard and syrup. 

Non-corn ingredients for salad: red onion, garlic, chopped parsley, and chili powder

Adding the feta

Mixing in the dressing

cooking the frozen corn

finished corn salad


Chopping veggies for the chicken filling


Sauteing the veggies

cheese mixture with taco sauce


Adding the veggies, then mixing it up to finish the stuffing


Smashing up the chicken to make it easier to fold the stuffing in (feat. husband's hands)



Stuffing the chicken and adding the spices (I decided not to roll it in the spice blend...because reasons)


Cooking the chicken, complete with explosion

adding some of the extra sauce to the chicken

finished meal, chicken and corn salad

plated chicken and corn, yum!


Comments