Here is the recipe.
Here is the finished product:
This was a very easy one, though the chicken took longer to cook than the recipe indicated. Perhaps our...breasts...were thicker, eh? I also am not a fan of bell peppers, so I subbed in broccoli, it worked fine. If there are no other options, I'll do peppers, but broccoli seemed to serve just as well in this one.
I doubled the sauce, because I find recipes tend to have less sauce than I (a sauce fanatic) would like...but in this case, it was overkill. You can see in the later pictures it was pretty much swimming in peanut sauce. The sauce was delicious, so it wasn't a deal breaker, but if someone is attempting to recreate it, I'd keep the sauce as is. In addition, since husband likes to get the healthy, Teddy, no added sugar peanut butter (which, admittedly, is better for you), I added some brown sugar to the sauce, since I like my sugary fake peanut butter. Worthwhile addition.
Husband liked this one too. He licked his plate clean. Literally. He does that a lot... at least he doesn't do it in restaurants. Just one of his quirks that makes him so endearing. Baby also enjoyed it, particularly the sauce. She also tried the chicken and carrot and found it palatable.
Overall, recommend. Another "one skillet" dish that wasn't really one dish, because of extra plates and bowls used, but overall easy and tasty, and decently good for you (especially if you don't overdo it on the peanut butter like we did).
Here is the finished product:
This was a very easy one, though the chicken took longer to cook than the recipe indicated. Perhaps our...breasts...were thicker, eh? I also am not a fan of bell peppers, so I subbed in broccoli, it worked fine. If there are no other options, I'll do peppers, but broccoli seemed to serve just as well in this one.
I doubled the sauce, because I find recipes tend to have less sauce than I (a sauce fanatic) would like...but in this case, it was overkill. You can see in the later pictures it was pretty much swimming in peanut sauce. The sauce was delicious, so it wasn't a deal breaker, but if someone is attempting to recreate it, I'd keep the sauce as is. In addition, since husband likes to get the healthy, Teddy, no added sugar peanut butter (which, admittedly, is better for you), I added some brown sugar to the sauce, since I like my sugary fake peanut butter. Worthwhile addition.
Husband liked this one too. He licked his plate clean. Literally. He does that a lot... at least he doesn't do it in restaurants. Just one of his quirks that makes him so endearing. Baby also enjoyed it, particularly the sauce. She also tried the chicken and carrot and found it palatable.
Overall, recommend. Another "one skillet" dish that wasn't really one dish, because of extra plates and bowls used, but overall easy and tasty, and decently good for you (especially if you don't overdo it on the peanut butter like we did).
Basic peanut sauce, soy sauce and peanut butter (with my added brown sugar)
prepped veggies
Skillet cooked chicken
Cooking the veggies
Adding the peanut butter mixture and chicken broth
with added chicken and peanuts, simmered for 5 minutes
Plated chicken









Comments
Post a Comment