Here's the recipe.
Here's the finished product:
This is one easy dish. Really easy. It also uses stuff that keeps fairly well. We used precooked chicken, which made this dish even easier, but you could cook your own, too. The only prep needed is rinsing the beans, shredding the cheese, and chopping the scallions.
The only changes I make to this one are adding corn, for some more nutrients, and adding garlic. Because everything is better with garlic. I also made some minor quantity adjustments to limit leftover ingredients--I used the whole jar of salsa, and added a bit more rice to compensate for the extra liquid.
For the effort involved, it's really tasty. It also makes a good amount of leftovers. This is the second time we've made it, which is usually an endorsement on our part. Husband had seconds, which indicates a good dish.
Here's the finished product:
This is one easy dish. Really easy. It also uses stuff that keeps fairly well. We used precooked chicken, which made this dish even easier, but you could cook your own, too. The only prep needed is rinsing the beans, shredding the cheese, and chopping the scallions.
The only changes I make to this one are adding corn, for some more nutrients, and adding garlic. Because everything is better with garlic. I also made some minor quantity adjustments to limit leftover ingredients--I used the whole jar of salsa, and added a bit more rice to compensate for the extra liquid.
For the effort involved, it's really tasty. It also makes a good amount of leftovers. This is the second time we've made it, which is usually an endorsement on our part. Husband had seconds, which indicates a good dish.
the "prep work"
Starting with the rice (don't need to pre-cook it)
adding chicken broth
adding salsa
adding veggies, chicken, and spices
mix it all up and simmer
all cooked after simmer
put on the cheese and recover to melt it
garnish with scallions, and you're done!
served bowl














Comments
Post a Comment