One Skillet Cashew Chicken Stir Fry

Here is the recipe.

Here is the final product:

 

Holy cashew explosion!

So the meal was very tasty, but instead of 2/3 of a cup of cashews, husband bought three cans of cashews (maybe 4-5 cups?). I just used them all. We don't really have anything else to do with them. But... the end verdict is there were too many cashews. Well, that was husband's verdict. I love cashews.

The meal is easy enough, there's just a lot of veggies, so a lot of chopping and prep.

It's a healthy meal, the worst of it is 6 tbsp of peanut butter (we doubled it, so 3 tbsp if you don't). Guess you get that when you're on a site called "eat yourself skinny." I don't know about THAT, but it has a lot of vegetables and chicken, and is low on carbs. I guess by adding a lot of cashews, I added more calories and fat....probably why I like them so much.

We'll try giving it to baby, though we'll have to make sure to pick out all the cashews. Despite the large amount of cashews, husband really liked the flavor, and may have licked the sauce off his plate. And mine. And the pan before cleaning it.


Making the sauce. I pulled out the hand mixer to get it smoother, though I probably could have done it by stirring with a fork if I had the patience.


All the veggies to chop and their final form.

Cooking the chicken

Adding the veggies

Cooked in pot with chicken. The recipe didn't say to, but I put the lid on to steam them for a bit. With so many vegetables, it was hard to cook them all evenly.

Adding the (massive amount of) cashews and green onion

Finally the sauce


finished dish and served bowl

finger licked pan

Comments