Here's the recipe.
Here's the finished product:
I had to make a rather complicated cake tonight (blog post coming soon), so I went for an easy, straightforward recipe. Can you tell I find my recipes by looking for "one pot dinner meals"? Well, I do. Often. 90% of the time. The other 10% is usually something I see on facebook.
Anyway, this one was really easy. Minimal chopping. I just got everything together and put it in the pan. We doubled the recipe to create lots of leftovers, and it was HUGE. Unless you have a megaskillet (like we do) I wouldn't recommend it, it was almost bursting out of ours. The only (very minor) inconvenience is once it's all in the pot, you don't just let it simmer, you have to stir it every 3 minutes. The recipe is very clear about this, and is right. After three minutes, you can tell if you don't stir up the bottom, it will burn and stick. It definitely wasn't too hard, but it moved this recipe from "ridiculously easy" to just "easy."
Anyway, husband was a very big fan. He made various noises of enjoyment and got seconds. I worried it looked kind of bland, but it was actually pretty flavorful! I added a lot more garlic than the recipe called for (note, I ALWAYS add a lot more garlic than the recipe calls for), and we have a favorite sharp cheddar we use when a recipe calls for cheese (in addition to the mozzarella and feta). Old Croc extra sharp. Highly recommend if you like sharp cheddar (hey Old Croc, if you happen to see this, send me free cheese!! Somehow I doubt Old Croc executives sit around googling "Old Croc" to see if they're mentioned, but you never know!) Anyway, it's a bit healthier than your average mac and cheese, though certainly not super good for you...worth trying, I think.
Here's the finished product:
I had to make a rather complicated cake tonight (blog post coming soon), so I went for an easy, straightforward recipe. Can you tell I find my recipes by looking for "one pot dinner meals"? Well, I do. Often. 90% of the time. The other 10% is usually something I see on facebook.
Anyway, this one was really easy. Minimal chopping. I just got everything together and put it in the pan. We doubled the recipe to create lots of leftovers, and it was HUGE. Unless you have a megaskillet (like we do) I wouldn't recommend it, it was almost bursting out of ours. The only (very minor) inconvenience is once it's all in the pot, you don't just let it simmer, you have to stir it every 3 minutes. The recipe is very clear about this, and is right. After three minutes, you can tell if you don't stir up the bottom, it will burn and stick. It definitely wasn't too hard, but it moved this recipe from "ridiculously easy" to just "easy."
Anyway, husband was a very big fan. He made various noises of enjoyment and got seconds. I worried it looked kind of bland, but it was actually pretty flavorful! I added a lot more garlic than the recipe called for (note, I ALWAYS add a lot more garlic than the recipe calls for), and we have a favorite sharp cheddar we use when a recipe calls for cheese (in addition to the mozzarella and feta). Old Croc extra sharp. Highly recommend if you like sharp cheddar (hey Old Croc, if you happen to see this, send me free cheese!! Somehow I doubt Old Croc executives sit around googling "Old Croc" to see if they're mentioned, but you never know!) Anyway, it's a bit healthier than your average mac and cheese, though certainly not super good for you...worth trying, I think.
Prepped ingredients, chopped onions and tomatoes, shredded cheddar, mozzarella, and crumbled feta, broth with spices, macaroni, and spinach!
Sauteing the onion and garlic
adding the broth and milk
adding the veggies
adding the cheese
all mixed together with the (uncooked) noodles
simmer, stirring every 3 minutes
finished product and a served bowl!














Comments
Post a Comment