One Pot Chicken Enchilada Rice Casserole

Here's the recipe.

I use this recipe to cook the chicken. It has been my go to for chicken breasts.

Here's the finished product:

We doubled this recipe as well, which was almost a disaster, it barely fit in our gigantic pot. In the end, it worked (barely, but there was definite spillage on the stove), but it makes a decent amount without doubling, so if there's a next time, we won't.

This recipe was easy enough to do, but not as easy as the recent one pot recipes because we bought raw chicken, so that had to be cooked first. We forgot to get crushed tomatoes, so we had to improvise. We had some pasta sauce on hand, so we used that. It turned out fine, but I assume it would taste differently with plain crushed tomatoes, instead of flavored sauce.

Beyond that, it's some chopping, dumping it all into the pot, simmering, and voila. I think I like the Southwestern Skillet we made previously better, but this one is good as well. This one has a more unique flavor, with the cumin, coriander, etc., while the other one only has chili powder (and garlic that I add).

Husband liked it, though made little commentary. I halved the cayenne pepper, but it still has a little kick to it, we'll see if baby tolerates it.


Cooking the chicken breasts




Prepping ingredients, veggies, chicken broth, spices, and cheese

Sauteing onions and garlic

Adding red pepper

Adding chicken broth and tomato sauce

Adding frozen corn

adding spices

adding uncooked rice to simmer in pot

chopping the chicken

finished rice

adding the chicken

adding the cheese


finished dish, and served bowl

Comments