I am mostly on a hiatus from baking due to the quarantine. While it's an enjoyable way to spend time at home, I can't send the finished products to husband's work, and I really can't have them around the house. Plus, supplies are semi-scarce and hard to get, so I suppose best not to waste them on unnecessary baking (have to bake all the bread when society crumbles...). I will be baking a birthday cake for baby, so stay tuned for that eventually.
Anyway.
Here's the recipe.
Here's the finished product:
So my stress release at this time has been chocolate chip cookies. I've been having husband pick up cookies at Star Market during our weekly shopping trip. This past round, he forgot to grab them. Instead of eating some of the other sweets in the house, I made my own chocolate chip cookies, since we already had a robust collection of baking supplies pre-quarantine and thus the ingredients on hand.
Went with a rather complicated recipe; you have to brown the butter and I decided to do stuffed cookies. They turned out ok. I put a little too many chocolate chips in there, so it kind of overwhelmed the cookie. I baked the first batch according to instructions, and they came out underdone, so I baked the second batch longer, but those turned out a little overdone. Oh, and I forgot to salt them in the end, but for me that's not a deal breaker. I'd say they taste fairly good, but small improvements could be made. Husband liked the underdone ones a lot, and tried to avoid telling me the others were overdone, but not successfully. He doesn't like to tell me when something isn't awesome (to be fair, I don't like to hear that something isn't awesome either) but is also not particularly good at pretending. Either way, they'll satisfy my cookie needs until the next foray into the supermarket of death in a week.
Anyway.
Here's the recipe.
Here's the finished product:
So my stress release at this time has been chocolate chip cookies. I've been having husband pick up cookies at Star Market during our weekly shopping trip. This past round, he forgot to grab them. Instead of eating some of the other sweets in the house, I made my own chocolate chip cookies, since we already had a robust collection of baking supplies pre-quarantine and thus the ingredients on hand.
Went with a rather complicated recipe; you have to brown the butter and I decided to do stuffed cookies. They turned out ok. I put a little too many chocolate chips in there, so it kind of overwhelmed the cookie. I baked the first batch according to instructions, and they came out underdone, so I baked the second batch longer, but those turned out a little overdone. Oh, and I forgot to salt them in the end, but for me that's not a deal breaker. I'd say they taste fairly good, but small improvements could be made. Husband liked the underdone ones a lot, and tried to avoid telling me the others were overdone, but not successfully. He doesn't like to tell me when something isn't awesome (to be fair, I don't like to hear that something isn't awesome either) but is also not particularly good at pretending. Either way, they'll satisfy my cookie needs until the next foray into the supermarket of death in a week.
Browning the butter before and after
The sugars and the dry ingredients (brown sugar and granulated sugar) (flour, baking soda, salt)
Mixing the butter and sugar, then mixing in the egg, yogurt, and vanilla, and finally mixing in the flour.
Finished dough, got refrigerated overnight
freezing the nutella innards
stuffing the cookies, ready for the oven
first batch out of the oven (slightly underdone batch)
Second batch out of the oven (slightly overdone)
















Comments
Post a Comment