Here is the recipe.
Here is the finished product:
I put off making this for a few days because it involved so much chopping, but overall it was super easy. Once everything was chopped up, it was fast. It annoyingly involved a bunch of dishes because you have to cook something (chicken) take it out, cook something (veggies) take it out. So lots of extra bowls.
I felt the zucchini could be a little more cooked. Instructions say to put it in 5 minutes after sauteing the peppers and onions, and saute for another 5 minutes. After that, I felt the zucchini wasn't quite done, but the peppers an onions were on the verge of being overdone, so I took them out. Maybe next time I'll saute it all together. I also used all the olives we had, which was more than the recipe called for--I thought it was a good addition. If we had only used the recipe prescribed amount of olives, I think it would have been less flavorful with less salty bites.
Husband liked it, and like the "flavor profile" (which I think is his new go-to when I ask him to elaborate on "I like it"). He agreed on the zucchini. When pushed, he said it wasn't that exciting of a dish, but fine. He posited that adding balsamic might help, which I could see. Anyway, besides tedious chopping, a healthy and easy dish. Worth trying to see if it tickles your fancy.
Here is the finished product:
I put off making this for a few days because it involved so much chopping, but overall it was super easy. Once everything was chopped up, it was fast. It annoyingly involved a bunch of dishes because you have to cook something (chicken) take it out, cook something (veggies) take it out. So lots of extra bowls.
I felt the zucchini could be a little more cooked. Instructions say to put it in 5 minutes after sauteing the peppers and onions, and saute for another 5 minutes. After that, I felt the zucchini wasn't quite done, but the peppers an onions were on the verge of being overdone, so I took them out. Maybe next time I'll saute it all together. I also used all the olives we had, which was more than the recipe called for--I thought it was a good addition. If we had only used the recipe prescribed amount of olives, I think it would have been less flavorful with less salty bites.
Husband liked it, and like the "flavor profile" (which I think is his new go-to when I ask him to elaborate on "I like it"). He agreed on the zucchini. When pushed, he said it wasn't that exciting of a dish, but fine. He posited that adding balsamic might help, which I could see. Anyway, besides tedious chopping, a healthy and easy dish. Worth trying to see if it tickles your fancy.
Chopped and prepped ingredients
Cooked chicken
Cooked veggies
Boiling chicken broth, spices, and rice
Adding back chicken, then covering, and simmering to cook rice
Finished chicken and rice
Adding back veggies
Garnishing with olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, and feta
Dinner is served!













Made this last night for dinner! I kept the rice separate from the cooked veggies and stuffed it into pita bread. I also used kalamata olive juice from the jar and more herbs to kick up the flavor. I also subbed in pan fried tofu for chicken. Excellent recipe. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete