Here's the recipe.
Here's the final product:
Here's the final product:
We didn't really shop last week with the intention of prepping an Easter dinner, we weren't really thinking about it. While this wasn't particularly traditional or fancy, it was still tasty. Tasty and easy. I doubled the recipe, and it's a good thing we have a giant pan, because it makes a lot of food. We were able to have dinner, freeze some, and also have leftovers. Between our saved food and human milk for baby, our chest freezer is now filled to capacity. Hopefully it's enough to keep us going if we get sick.
Anyway, really simple concept, just some chopping/prepping, and putting everything together. And cooking pasta. The hardest part was stirring it all together...I made the pasta first and let it sit in the colander, so it got stuck in that shape. Between the huge amount in the pan and the resisting noodles, stirring was a challenge. So, if you make it, put something in the pasta to stop it from sticking, or make the pasta closer to the time of insertion. I also added some spices, because garlic, salt, and pepper seemed kind of boring. I added some paprika and sage, which did good stuff. I also added more cheese, because there's no way more cheese doesn't make things better, so in addition to the parmesan, I shredded some cheddar in there.
Between the cheese and the cream, this isn't the healthiest dish, but it does have a lot of spinach and tomatoes, and uses chicken sausage, so it isn't the worst either. It's nice and filling, so if you don't overindulge, it's an easy, respectable dinner. Husband liked it, and had seconds. He said it had a good flavor profile, so I guess he liked my spice/cheese additions. Baby eats dinner earlier than us, often, but will get grumpy if we're eating something she can't have, so she was very pleased with the chicken sausage pieces she got (she is a big fan of chicken sausage).
The pasta that turned into a large pasta-mass by the end
Prepped ingredients
Sauteing chicken sausage with garlic
Adding tomatoes, cream, and parmesan
reducing the sauce after adding cheddar (once the tomatoes were stirred in, the juices made the sauce more liquid-y)
Adding and wilting the spinach
After adding, and laboriously stirring, the noodles, and topping with the basil.
Served pasta.









Comments
Post a Comment