Here's the recipe.
Here's the finished product:
This week, we're doing recipes we've done before. Old to us, new to blog. This is one of husband's favorite things I make. It's really easy, really quick, and really tasty. We add some chicken sausage so there's a bit more protein, but that's the only modification. I did have to make a bit more of the mustard cider sauce than the recipe indicated. I wasn't putting an obscene amount on the quesadillas, so I think it's just a bit of an underestimate in the recipe.
The hardest part for me is flipping the quesadillas. I'm terrible at flipping anything in a pan--burgers, omelettes, pancakes, whatever. If I flip it, it inevitably falls apart, or hits the side of the pan and folds. I have a huge spatula which helps a bit, but these definitely fell victim to my bad flips and had to be reassembled a few times.
It's also irritating you have to buy a whole half gallon of apple cider when the recipe only calls for two teaspoons, but that's not the recipe's fault, that's just our grocery store. If yours is the same, you might want to have another apple cider recipe on deck to use the rest of it.
Husband said it's "brie-licious," in an attempt to say something a bit more interesting than "it was good." He likes anything with brie, really. I'm not a big brie fan, but I like the flavor combo in this. Baby is a fan of brie and chicken sausage...though she isn't deft enough to actually chew a quesadilla slice, she definitely liked eating the components.
Here's the finished product:
This week, we're doing recipes we've done before. Old to us, new to blog. This is one of husband's favorite things I make. It's really easy, really quick, and really tasty. We add some chicken sausage so there's a bit more protein, but that's the only modification. I did have to make a bit more of the mustard cider sauce than the recipe indicated. I wasn't putting an obscene amount on the quesadillas, so I think it's just a bit of an underestimate in the recipe.
The hardest part for me is flipping the quesadillas. I'm terrible at flipping anything in a pan--burgers, omelettes, pancakes, whatever. If I flip it, it inevitably falls apart, or hits the side of the pan and folds. I have a huge spatula which helps a bit, but these definitely fell victim to my bad flips and had to be reassembled a few times.
It's also irritating you have to buy a whole half gallon of apple cider when the recipe only calls for two teaspoons, but that's not the recipe's fault, that's just our grocery store. If yours is the same, you might want to have another apple cider recipe on deck to use the rest of it.
Husband said it's "brie-licious," in an attempt to say something a bit more interesting than "it was good." He likes anything with brie, really. I'm not a big brie fan, but I like the flavor combo in this. Baby is a fan of brie and chicken sausage...though she isn't deft enough to actually chew a quesadilla slice, she definitely liked eating the components.
Chopped brie with removed rind
Chopped apple
Mustard cider sauce
browning the chicken sausage
the only tortillas they had in stock, weird lookin'
Quesadilla stage 1: Mustard sauce, and heating brie until it melts
Quesadilla stage 2: Adding chicken sausage and apple
Quesadilla stage 3: Adding arugula
Flipped quesadilla (note scattered arugula and bent tortilla... though rescue attempts were successful)
Finished quesadillas
Quesadilla slice close up












Comments
Post a Comment