Here's the recipe.
Here's the final product:
I put "best" in quotation marks, because that's debatable. I mean, they're fine, but "best"? That's a pretty grand claim. These are your basic chocolate chip cookies, there's nothing unique or special in them. Overall, though, they're tasty, and very easy to make. My cookies were a bit smaller, so I found reducing the baking time gave them a better texture. I also refrigerated the dough. If the dough is too warm, the cookies tend to spread and get thinner, and I wanted thicker cookies (though they still ended up kind of thin).
Cookies have been my stress release lately, so we are very well stocked, between doubling this recipe and getting a bunch more from the grocery store...supposing we live through this, we're going to need to invest in a wheelbarrow to roll me out of quarantine when it's over.
Here's the final product:
I put "best" in quotation marks, because that's debatable. I mean, they're fine, but "best"? That's a pretty grand claim. These are your basic chocolate chip cookies, there's nothing unique or special in them. Overall, though, they're tasty, and very easy to make. My cookies were a bit smaller, so I found reducing the baking time gave them a better texture. I also refrigerated the dough. If the dough is too warm, the cookies tend to spread and get thinner, and I wanted thicker cookies (though they still ended up kind of thin).
Cookies have been my stress release lately, so we are very well stocked, between doubling this recipe and getting a bunch more from the grocery store...supposing we live through this, we're going to need to invest in a wheelbarrow to roll me out of quarantine when it's over.
Dry ingredients, sugars, and butter
Mixing in the eggs and vanilla
adding in the dry ingredients
adding in the chocolate chips
dough after refrigeration
cookies ready for oven. I love my melon baller/cookie scooper
cookies fresh out of oven, they de-poof while cooling
the obligatory taste test (or five taste tests...)
finished batch












Comments
Post a Comment