Here is the recipe.
Here is the brownie recipe.
Final Product:
Before I get to the brownies, I have to tell you I tried to make dough for chocolate chip brioche pretzels, so I could rise it overnight and make them tomorrow, but it BROKE MY KITCHEN AID. This is a super sad day, not just because my wonderful hideous lime green kitchen aid is broken, but it also completely ruined the dough, getting metal shavings and weird debris into it. We should all take a little mourning time. See below, the arrow points to the part that fell off, as the kitchen aid struggled to knead the dough. It now sounds like doom and smells like burning when it runs. Then the ruined dough.
Anyway, the dough was tossed, I don't think anyone wants metal shavings with their brioche.
Looking back on the brownie recipe, I probably should have chosen a different one of the billions online, this recipe was kind of lazy, calling for a box mix you just... add nutella to. So I made homemade brownies, and added nutella, but I think they just had too much going on, since their structural integrity is severely lacking. This was the same brownie recipe I used for the billionaire bars, which worked out fine, but adding the nutella and peanut butter cups may have broken it. I baked it for... close to a half hour longer than called for (called for 32 minutes, baked for 1 hour 15 minutes), and when sliced, they just kind of... crumble and fall apart. That being said, the crumbs are tasty, so it's not a total loss.
Husband has yet to try it as he overindulged on the awesome dinner I made (artichoke heart stuffed shells and zucchini salad with almond pesto, woot) but we'll see what he thinks. I'll leave it up to him as to whether he wants to bring it in for coworkers, it's kind of hard to pass around the office when not partitioned into bars, but it's not like it TASTES bad. I will willingly eat the whole pan if it stays here, though feel guilty about it the whole time.
Here is the brownie recipe.
Final Product:
Anyway, the dough was tossed, I don't think anyone wants metal shavings with their brioche.
Looking back on the brownie recipe, I probably should have chosen a different one of the billions online, this recipe was kind of lazy, calling for a box mix you just... add nutella to. So I made homemade brownies, and added nutella, but I think they just had too much going on, since their structural integrity is severely lacking. This was the same brownie recipe I used for the billionaire bars, which worked out fine, but adding the nutella and peanut butter cups may have broken it. I baked it for... close to a half hour longer than called for (called for 32 minutes, baked for 1 hour 15 minutes), and when sliced, they just kind of... crumble and fall apart. That being said, the crumbs are tasty, so it's not a total loss.
Husband has yet to try it as he overindulged on the awesome dinner I made (artichoke heart stuffed shells and zucchini salad with almond pesto, woot) but we'll see what he thinks. I'll leave it up to him as to whether he wants to bring it in for coworkers, it's kind of hard to pass around the office when not partitioned into bars, but it's not like it TASTES bad. I will willingly eat the whole pan if it stays here, though feel guilty about it the whole time.
Starts with melting chocolate chips and butter.
melted chips and butter
Adding sugar
Adding eggs and vanilla
Adding cocoa, flour, and salt
Adding nutella
The pièce de résistance, 20 Reeses peanut butter cups
Adding the cups
Final batter
Ready for the oven (I think the lighting on the other side of my kitchen [the previous pictures] is better, looks more chocolatey and less... muddy.)
Finally out of the oven.
Cut brownies. You can see the one on the left kind of falling apart, but most of the destruction happened as I put them in the tupperware.















Comments
Post a Comment