Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake

Here's the recipe.

Here's the finished product:


So after the brioche pretzel fail, I needed a win, and this cheesecake delivered. It was medium difficulty, a couple parts to put together, and I always have a hard time getting it to bake just right.

All in all, it turned out well, I had to do a little foil maneuver to get the center to set and not burn the edges, but it appears to have worked, husband said the texture was "just right." He even made a "mmm" sound when eating it. I think maybe I would have liked my sugary fake (Jiff/Skippy) peanut butter better than the healthy Teddy peanut butter I used, but it's still good!

Now to figure out how to have husband transport it to work...


Ground Oreos in crust.


Ground graham crackers in crust.

Adding sugar and butter.

Finished crust.

Layer of irritatingly healthy peanut butter on crust.

Mixing up the cheesecake ingredients. The usual, cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, etc.

Cheesecake pour.


Set aside some cheesecake batter, mixed with fudge, put on top of plain cheesecake layer.

Trying to get the center to set without burning the edges.

Puffed up, fresh out of oven.


Cooled cheesecake, introducing the grand canyon! Oh well.

Topped with fudge, oreo crumbs, and peanut butter cups. The fudge filled in the grand canyon, so there might be a fudge bomb surprise for someone.


After setting in the fridge overnight, here is the sliced and finished cake.





Comments