Recipe: https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/food-recipes/dessert/a23694970/maple-pear-tarte-tatin-recipe/
So to appease the guests who like fruity dessert (of whom I am not one), I made this tarte tatin. Also, we bought a tarte tatin pan for that previous crab salad tarte, so I need to make it a worthy investment.
This one was pretty easy. You boil some maple syrup and lemon juice, then put in the pears, and top it with puff pastry (which I did not make this time, especially as I was making three other desserts). Pillsbury for the win! Anyway, without making puff pastry, the hardest part of this one was cutting the pears--so not hard.
It was enjoyed, though I can not report on taste as I don't like fruity desserts. Or pears.
So to appease the guests who like fruity dessert (of whom I am not one), I made this tarte tatin. Also, we bought a tarte tatin pan for that previous crab salad tarte, so I need to make it a worthy investment.
This one was pretty easy. You boil some maple syrup and lemon juice, then put in the pears, and top it with puff pastry (which I did not make this time, especially as I was making three other desserts). Pillsbury for the win! Anyway, without making puff pastry, the hardest part of this one was cutting the pears--so not hard.
It was enjoyed, though I can not report on taste as I don't like fruity desserts. Or pears.
Caramelizing lemon juice and maple syrup
Adding sliced pears
Topped with premade puff pastry, sliced for venting.
Baked tarte.
Turned out tarte. I let it cool, and went to turn it out onto the plate, and spilled pear juice EVERYWHERE. It's still good!
Topped with almonds
Sliced tarte.







Comments
Post a Comment