Recipe: https://www.womansday.com/food-recipes/food-drinks/a19124220/chocolate-meringue-layer-cake-recipe/
This was the fourth of four desserts. So big mess up, instead of making four meringues, I only made two. The cake was supposed to be smaller and taller. I know, disappointing. It tasted fine, but looked much less impressive than it should have. I'm getting more and more practice making meringues--it's not too hard, but you have to figure out the timing and duration of the beating to get the right texture.
My meringues always crack a ton after baked, I don't know if this is normal, or if I'm doing something wrong with baking. They look fine, but the top cracks and caves. I guess I'll just have to keep making meringues to figure it out.
The mousse had to be refrigerated, and then it got all hard, so I had to heat it up again. Not sure if I did something wrong and it got too hard, or if I let it get too cold. Anyway, it tasted good! A couple of pitfalls, but it all ended up tasty.
This was the fourth of four desserts. So big mess up, instead of making four meringues, I only made two. The cake was supposed to be smaller and taller. I know, disappointing. It tasted fine, but looked much less impressive than it should have. I'm getting more and more practice making meringues--it's not too hard, but you have to figure out the timing and duration of the beating to get the right texture.
My meringues always crack a ton after baked, I don't know if this is normal, or if I'm doing something wrong with baking. They look fine, but the top cracks and caves. I guess I'll just have to keep making meringues to figure it out.
The mousse had to be refrigerated, and then it got all hard, so I had to heat it up again. Not sure if I did something wrong and it got too hard, or if I let it get too cold. Anyway, it tasted good! A couple of pitfalls, but it all ended up tasty.
Two giant meringues, pre-baking
Baked meringues. You can see the cracked collapse of the one on the left, I literally just tapped it with my finger. The one on the right collapsed when I put on the mousse.
Mousse-making, pre-cream
Adding homemade whipped cream to melted chocolate for mousse
Meringue with mousse on top.
Layer two of meringue
Final meringue with raspberries on top.
Sliced meringue.









Comments
Post a Comment