Chocolate Gingerbread Cake with White Chocolate Buttercream

Recipe: https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/food-recipes/a29657794/chocolate-gingerbread-cake-with-white-chocolate-buttercream-recipe/

This is the first of my holiday recipes. I didn't take a ton of pictures since I made four desserts (and also I forgot to take them occasionally). The baking part of the cake was super easy, standard cake making, the decorating was difficult. I got a new cake stand and a frosting kit, though, which was awesome.

I was going to make a marzipan snowman, but that proved a little too ambitious, time-wise (and now I have some marzipan and chocolate frosting to use in something else). I did make the sugared rosemary trees which were popular. I just put "rosemary" on the shopping list, and husband came home and was like "they were out of fresh rosemary, so I got you dried rosemary, is that ok?" and I had to admit I just asked him to get it as a decorative element. He's a trooper, and went out and got me some the next day. Good story, right?
Three layers of cake, baked. I know, no dough pictures.

Frosted cake, using the ribbed frosting spreader.

Cake on stand with sugared rosemary "trees."

Keeping it fresh overnight.

Sliced cake, you can see the layers.

Slice of cake. It was moist and tasty.

Comments