This was my first try making stuffed cookies. They weren't super hard, though I made them way too big (or just big enough?) I think my Nutella dollops were ok, but could have been covered by a thinner layer of dough. It was a bit of a time crunch, as the Nutella starts melting quickly out of the freezer, and you don't want to manipulate the dough too much (though I did anyway).
Verdict? Big, but delicious. Soft out of the oven, we'll see how they hold up tomorrow. No doubt they're best when fresh out of the oven, but we'll see what husband's coworkers think.
Here's the recipe: https://thefoodcharlatan.com/nutella-stuffed-gingerbread-cookies/
Verdict? Big, but delicious. Soft out of the oven, we'll see how they hold up tomorrow. No doubt they're best when fresh out of the oven, but we'll see what husband's coworkers think.
Here's the recipe: https://thefoodcharlatan.com/nutella-stuffed-gingerbread-cookies/
Freezing the Nutella
Making the dough--you mix up the sugar, eggs, and butter, then add the flour. Instead of mixing the dry ingredients separately and then adding them, you add the flour in, make a little well, put in the other dry ingredients, and stir it together with a fork, and then you blend the whole mixture. I was pleased because it's one less bowl to wash.
Dough pre-refrigeration
Out of the fridge, roll up dough balls
Put frozen Nutella on one flattened ball, cover it with the other
Unbaked formed cookies
Final baked cookies!
Nutella innards









Comments
Post a Comment