Recipe: https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/nutella-babka/
So, I baked something that wasn't a cookie!
It took a lot longer, and was more involved, but not difficult exactly. I always like rising dough, it's kind of fun to see it double. I didn't get any pictures of the pre-risen dough, I'm sure you're all disappointed, because one can never have too many pictures of dough.
Anyway, nothing much to say--it was a success overall, and tastes fairly good. It was a bit of a messy process, and I ate way too much Nutella on the side. I had to keep getting more spreading knives because I kept licking them. I mean, in the absence of dough to eat (bread dough is not tasty), I had to have something.
Cross all of that, I was totally professional and didn't eat any extra Nutella. Yeah.
So, I baked something that wasn't a cookie!
It took a lot longer, and was more involved, but not difficult exactly. I always like rising dough, it's kind of fun to see it double. I didn't get any pictures of the pre-risen dough, I'm sure you're all disappointed, because one can never have too many pictures of dough.
Anyway, nothing much to say--it was a success overall, and tastes fairly good. It was a bit of a messy process, and I ate way too much Nutella on the side. I had to keep getting more spreading knives because I kept licking them. I mean, in the absence of dough to eat (bread dough is not tasty), I had to have something.
Cross all of that, I was totally professional and didn't eat any extra Nutella. Yeah.
Risen dough. I had already used half on the first loaf.
Ready to roll out the dough.
Rolled dough.
Nutella <3
Nutella log.
Split the Nutella log (this is where it starts to get messy)
Twist the Nutella log pieces together.
Put in bread pan. Just kind of... improvised and shoved it in there.
"Crumble topping"
Bread covered in egg wash and crumble topping.
First loaf fresh out of oven.
Second loaf fresh out of oven (I only had one bread pan).
Cooled loaves.
Sliced babka!















Comments
Post a Comment