Here's the recipe: https://www.averiecooks.com/chocolate-lava-nutella-cookies/
So, visually, these didn't turn out at all like I wanted, but taste-wise, they were a hit. I guess I imagine "chocolate lava" cookies to be a sort of...bite into and gooey chocolate comes out type thing--these were not that. These were kind of... sunken muffins with a chocolate top.
Making them was really easy, though, so there's that. The first batch looked weird, especially because the chocolate on top didn't melt, and the chocolate chips in the batter got in the way of sinking the chocolate into the dough. The second batch, I picked out all the chocolate chips, put in the batter, then but the chips in the center and topped them with a little dough. I think those turned out better, but they still looked like sunken muffins.
Final verdict? Weird looking, but good tasting. They were very well received by the group I gave them to, and the batter, which I totally did not eat, was decadent.
So, visually, these didn't turn out at all like I wanted, but taste-wise, they were a hit. I guess I imagine "chocolate lava" cookies to be a sort of...bite into and gooey chocolate comes out type thing--these were not that. These were kind of... sunken muffins with a chocolate top.
Making them was really easy, though, so there's that. The first batch looked weird, especially because the chocolate on top didn't melt, and the chocolate chips in the batter got in the way of sinking the chocolate into the dough. The second batch, I picked out all the chocolate chips, put in the batter, then but the chips in the center and topped them with a little dough. I think those turned out better, but they still looked like sunken muffins.
Final verdict? Weird looking, but good tasting. They were very well received by the group I gave them to, and the batter, which I totally did not eat, was decadent.
Superb ingredients for a cookie--brown sugar, sugar, butter, and nutella
Mixed batter-pre-flour
Final batter with chocolate chips (regretted adding chocolate chips, totally unnecessary)
First batch-cooled. Dough with chocolate chips, and a piece of chocolate in the center which didn't melt into the "lava" it was supposed to...
Second batch, pre-baking. Chocolate chips removed, then placed in center and covered by dough.
Second batch, cooled. Still like sunken muffins, but without the random chocolate piece on them.
Inside of second batch, with the melted chocolate chip center.








Comments
Post a Comment