Butterscotch Maple Walnut Fudge Filled Cookies


I'll put the recipes at the top, in case that's all you're here for--you can skip my rambling.

Here's the recipe: https://lifemadesweeter.com/butterscotch-maple-walnut-fudge-filled-cookies/

These cookies had a lot of parts put together, but were fairly easy in terms of technique. You make the cookie dough, you make the fudge, you make the frosting, you combine.

Well, mine exploded--I guess this time I used too little batter, unlike the Nutella filled cookies, so the butterscotch went everywhere. It didn't help that the ratios were way off, so I ended up with a crapton of fudge, and very little dough. The recipe also didn't list a baking temp, so I just winged it at 350, but who knows if it would have been different at another temperature--I think they would have exploded anyway.

End result? The cookies wouldn't win any beauty contests, but they're still very tasty, and the frosting helps cover up the exploded-nature of the cookies. There isn't so much of a creamy filling as much as an overall butterscotch flavor, you can see a very thin line of fudge in the non-exploded cookies. I guess I'm still working on the filled cookie technique.

Husband verified tastiness with his traditional "they were good." I pried more, and he added that he liked them better than the Nutella filled gingerbread cookies, and about the same as the regular gingerbread cookies, and categorized it under "I hope you make these again sometime."


Made Fudge--Pretty simple, just butterscotch chips, white chocolate chips, and sweetened condensed milk.
Hot fudge to refrigerate
Prepped dry ingredients
Dough pre-refrigeration
Refrigerated dough and fudge
Making fudge filled dough balls, rolling them in sugar. These didn't crack like the gingerbread cookies, but they have a nice sugar coat.

So. Much. Leftover. Fudge.
Cookies, exploding out of the oven!
Cooled ugly cookies
Maple frosting

The frosting covers up the worst of the uglies, but they're still pretty misshapen.

Final Cookies
Not really fudge filled inside (this was even a non-exploded one). There's a super thin line of fudge at the bottom.

Comments